This page's content:
Boleto Bancário is a document widely used in Brazil to pay for a product or a service both physically and online. The Boleto can be generated by any Brazilian citizen. It’s a type of bill that can be paid in various establishments such as banks, post offices and supermarkets.
The API used by EBANX Checkout to process payments. Please see the reference for further details.
In Brazil, the CNPJ, known as Cadastro Nacional da Pessoa Jurídica, is a unique number used by the Brazilian Government to identify all legal entities. The CNPJ must appear on any company invoice.
In Brazil, the CPF, known as Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas, is a unique number that every Brazilian taxpayer has (including Brazilian nationals and foreigners living or doing business in Brazil) which is issued and used by the Brazilian Government to identify all taxpayers. With the CPF number, government systems can check all the information about the individual.
The API used by EBANX Direct to process payments. Please see the reference for further details
When the customer finishes the purchase they will be able to experience an attractive and efficient check out in order to process their payment into the EBANX environment.
With the direct API, customers will be able to experience a quick and efficient check out directly into the merchant website without being redirected to EBANX environment.
The code an API operation will send when a request was not successful. Please see this list of possible error codes.
A GET request is made via the HTTP protocol and consist of parameters appended to the request URL, i.e. http://www.example.com/index.html?parameter1=value1¶meter2=value2
A POST request is made via the HTTP protocol and is included in the HTTP header of an request. You can use tools such as curl to make a POST request. The use of a simple HTML form with the POST method is also possible.
Magento is an open-source shopping cart system which is used by online stores of all types and sizes. It has currently the highest market share among all similar solutions. EBANX offers a Magento Extension, so owners of a Magento-driven store can easily accept payments with EBANX.
EBANX Dashboard is a part of our system which is accessed only by the merchant with a private login. In this area he can check all the transactions in real time, generate reports, analyze data, release refunds and other features. The system works 24/7.
OpenCart is an open-source shopping cart system. It is one of the most widely used systems on the market. EBANX offers a OpenCart Extension, so owners of a OpenCart-driven store can accept payments with EBANX easily.
The payment methods used in Brazil to buy products and services online are Bank Transfers (TEFs), Domestic and International Credit Cards and Boleto Bancário.
The payment status can be Open, Pending, Confirmed or Canceled.
When a customer completes a purchase on the Merchant’s website:
– Open (OP): This status occurs when the customer enters EBANX checkout through the Merchant website and leaves it unfilled.
– Pending (PE): This status occurs when the customer advanced with the payment, but our partner (bank or acquirer) has not yet sent the confirmation to us. This status only happens with Boleto Bancario and Credit Cards.
– Confirmed (CO): This status occurs when the payment is confirmed by our partner (bank or acquirer).
– Cancelled (CA): When a purchase by credit cards is not authorized by the acquirer or by fraud analysis of EBANX, it will be cancelled. A transaction may also be cancelled if an invoice is not confirmed, or if an error occurs on the Bank Transfer.
PCI DSS is a data security standard established by the payment card industry. It was established to ensure the safety of credit card information during payment processing.
Any merchant who intends to process credit card data on his own domain will have to undergo a security audit. Depending on the amount of transactions, a merchant has to full-fill a Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) or pass an audit by an external Qualified Security Assessor (QSA). You can find further details on the PCI site.
If a payment has been made and a customer wants to be refunded for any reason, EBANX will make the refund only after the Merchant releases the refund on the system.
The Refund Status can be Requested, Pending, Confirmed and Cancelled.
– Requested (RE): When a customer requests a refund or when the Merchant registers the refund in our system but the customer has not been reported yet.
– Pending (PE): When the customer is notified and the payment will be made (or reversed in the case of credit cards).
– Confirmed (CO): When the payment has been refunded or reversed.
– Cancelled (CA): When the refund is cancelled.
There also includes sub statuses, such as Awaiting, Ready for Deposit and Paid.
– Awaiting (AW): When the costumer data has been requested but not yet received.
– Ready for Deposit (DE): When the data has been collected and the refund or reversal is ready to be deposited.
– Paid (PA): When the refund or reversal has been confirmed.
The Settlement is the transfer of funds by EBANX to the merchant through international banks transfer. The merchant can establish it by volume, time (daily, weekly, bi weekly, monthly) or by direct request.
A shopping cart system is the system behind your store that lets you manage products, process orders, create layouts and more. Some of the most used are Magento, OpenCart, Zen Cart or Presta Shop.
Bank Transfers, known as TEF (Transferências Eletrônicas de Fundos), is a payment method where a person or entity makes a financial transfer to pay for a product or service. This transfer can be online or offline.